Net Car Stop

Welcome to the Net Car Stop forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Net Car Stop > Main Category > National Issues Forum

Old 03-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Forum King / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road
Eliminating the middle class

I do not understand the logic of this letter. Sure we have a middle class. Simply because unions got the best of the best worker deals and, well, they went to far.
Myself and many like me are part of the middle class. I have never had the benefit of a union. Lord know I tried but they would only hire cousins and friends of those already in. So, I moved on and found other work. I had it much tougher than any union employee did, but I made it completely without their help. Now all the sudden when they are singled out for having the best of the best type of employee package and having to give up some of their benefits (that most of us never had) now it's a war against the middle class. I don't buy that for one second ...but that is just me.

What do you think?

Eliminating the middle class
March 27, 2011

In response to article about union members rallying outside Rep. Andy Thompson's business on March 16, Thompson states we are trying to "intimidate."

I'm curious to know how people standing on the side of the road with signs is intimidating. How is people fighting for their rights, their jobs, their families, their communities "intimidating?" Why doesn't Gov. Kasich and all the legislators take pay cuts and pay for their health insurance?

Make no mistake about what's going on with Senate Bill 5 and all the other anti-worker legislation that's coming out of the statehouse. It has nothing to do with balancing budgets or creating jobs in this state. It's simply union-busting and an attempt to create a society in which the middle class doesn't exist.

Kathleen Green

Millfield, Ohio

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Cooking Talk +++ Net Tractor Talk +++ Net Boat Talk +++ Net Music Talk
Old 03-30-2011, 11:36 AM

CityGirl is on a distinguished road
Re: Eliminating the middle class

Here is a perspective on how union decline/busting affects the middle class
http://portsidepolitics.blogspot.com...n-busting.html