Net Car Stop

Welcome to the Net Car Stop forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Net Car Stop > Main Category > Truck Forum

Old 02-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Forum King / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road
A couple more trucks I'm looking at.

What do you think of them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GMC-S...2159QQtcZphoto

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...9505QQtcZphoto

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Cooking Talk +++ Net Tractor Talk +++ Net Boat Talk +++ Net Music Talk
Old 02-20-2009, 08:29 AM

jwstewar is on a distinguished road
Re: A couple more trucks I'm looking at.

Nice to see you are stepping up to a real truck and not a toy.:TONGUE:

I like the GMC better. It has a few more miles, but for $6k less for 25k miles. I also like the fact it is stock and doesn't have all the aftermarket conversion stuff on it. A lot of that stuff can be a problem - not to mention I think a lot of it looks tacky. Of course, the 6.0 doesn't hurt either. Nice truck for roughly $10k. Go For It.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

bczoom is on a distinguished road

Hmmm, In looking at both, I see pros/cons on each.

On the GMC. Nice truck. What I really don't like is it's listed as AWD instead of 4WD. Looking at the dash, I don't see a 2WD/4WD/Auto/4WD Low Range switch. If that's the case, I foresee 2 things. Your gas mileage is going to be really bad and those nice, expensive 20" tires are going to get eaten up much faster than if you had a 2wd option (and only used 4wd when needed). It needs a bed liner.

On the Chevy, look at the drivers seat. The leather is worn and shows a lot of wear on the exterior side. This normally means a lot of ingress/egress. That kind of seat wear with only 42K miles implies to me it's all city miles. On the GMC, I don't see that wear and considering the miles, I'm thinking they were highway miles.

Also on the Chevy, it has mainly black leather. DAMN HOT in the summer. The "hard top" tonneau cover is.... well, that's up to you but I don't know anyone that likes them. Too many impromptu things you get at the store, then find you can't bring it home unless you remove the cover.

On both, due to bling, they have the 20" wheels. A lot more expensive to replace compared with the normal, stock 17" tires. Don't forget to get some floor mats.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:38 AM

Rusty Shackleford is on a distinguished road

that sierra is damn sexy. buy it now! (and send it to me......)
Old 02-20-2009, 09:39 AM

jwstewar is on a distinguished road

Damn! I missed all the pictures down below. Now that I see what Brian saw, I'm agreeing on the seats and AWD. I want a true 4wd system, but that being said I love the Autotrac. It is awesome. One plus. both have the locking rear axle wehich is also a plus and not available from any other manufacturer.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:27 PM

AndyM is on a distinguished road

i like the gmc better... i like those ones, the models previous to the current generation of gm trucks... i just don't like the looks of the current ones.

if you buy from texas direct, be sure to let me know how it goes... i've had my eye on a couple of their vehicles myself.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Forum King / Admin

Thanks guys. Good info Brian. I like the GMC. Good price but was concerned about the AWD. But when I talked to Texas Direct that one had already sold.
I tried to take em down on the Orange County chopper Chevy and he said they are wholesaler more or less. He would knock 150 off of the buy it now price and that was it.
He implied some dealers buy from them. Not sure I'd buy that line.

oh yeah, on the hard top bed cover on the Chevy. My question was how hard is it to remove. I don't like those things. I want a truck. If I bought a truck with one I'd store it for occasions where it would come in handy. But the majority of the time it would be off of the truck.

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Cooking Talk +++ Net Tractor Talk +++ Net Boat Talk +++ Net Music Talk
Old 02-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

bczoom is on a distinguished road

If I bought a truck with the hard cover, the first thing I'd do is remove it. The second thing would be to sell it.

It's been a long time before I saw one actually used and as I recall, it was mounted with the same type of clamps you would use for putting a cap on.

I bought an "Access roll-top" tonneau cover. Absolutely love it. 30 second open or close (1 person), no snaps... After seeing it, my entire family now has them on their trucks.

The trucks pictured have a decent amount of "bling". Are you looking for something with those extras or is something like a straight, loaded truck OK with you?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Forum King / Admin

I'll have to look into the access roll top tonneau cover. I've had truck toppers but that was it, they were off the truck more than on. If going on a long trip and rain is possible then they can come in handy but most of the time I like my truck bed open and uncovered.

and yeah, I'm a sucker for bling. I do want a loaded truck but it does not have to have all that bling. The bling is what made me post them here though.

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums: