Net Car Stop

Welcome to the Net Car Stop forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Net Car Stop > Main Category > States and Cities Forums > South Dakota Forum

Old 02-01-2011, 10:21 AM

CityGirl is on a distinguished road
S.D -Gotta Get a Gun?

Bill would require all S.D. citizens to buy a gun

Five South Dakota lawmakers have introduced legislation that would require any adult 21 or older to buy a firearm “sufficient to provide for their ordinary self-defense.”

The bill, which would take effect Jan. 1, 2012, would give people six months to acquire a firearm after turning 21. The provision does not apply to people who are barred from owning a firearm.

Nor does the measure specify what type of firearm. Instead, residents would pick one “suitable to their temperament, physical capacity, and preference.”

The measure is known as an act “to provide for an individual mandate to adult citizens to provide for the self defense of themselves and others.”

Rep. Hal Wick, R-Sioux Falls, is sponsoring the bill and knows it will be killed. But he said he is introducing it to prove a point that the federal health care reform mandate passed last year is unconstitutional.

“Do I or the other cosponsors believe that the State of South Dakota can require citizens to buy firearms? Of course not. But at the same time, we do not believe the federal government can order every citizen to buy health insurance,” he said.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...tizens-buy-gun
Old 02-02-2011, 11:34 AM

rback33 is on a distinguished road
Re: S.D -Gotta Get a Gun?

What a waste of time and money. I am all for personal protection, but how why in the hell do they think they can MAKE people own a gun. Wow. That's nuts.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

OhioTC18 is on a distinguished road

They know it will be killed. Why waste the time? I know it's about the requirement for people to have health insurance, but their representatives have better things to do.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Forum King / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road

Interesting. I had not heard this before. Kind of a silly comparison, but it should get the attention of some who think the health care bill is okay but I doubt it makes them rethink the situation.

In the long run Obama and his health care bill might just have gotten what they were after all along, since it is found to be unconstitutional. Now they can move forward with national health care run by the government. Then health care won't be required, it will be sold to some and given to others. UHC. Honestly, I sure do not know which is best for the US. One thing I know is that they way the rammed the current health care bill through without even reading all of it or debating it publicly I feel it is the worst of the worst for us. Anything would be an improvement if it is discussed in the open and debated publicly.
I already comply with South Dakota's proposed law so it does not bother me at all, and I think it would be a good thing overall if everyone learned how to properly protect themselves.

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Cooking Talk +++ Net Tractor Talk +++ Net Boat Talk +++ Net Music Talk