Net Car Stop

Welcome to the Net Car Stop forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Net Car Stop > Main Category > All Other Vehicles Forum

Old 10-20-2008, 01:10 PM

Tractors4u is on a distinguished road
Polaris Ranger UTV

Since these section covers everything else, here is my toy. It is a 2006 Polaris Ranger 700XP. The tires and wheels, top, brush guard and winch are add ons. So far I guess I have about 150 hours on the machine. So far so good!!
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2008, 04:50 PM

Rusty Shackleford is on a distinguished road
sweet! what do you get mpg on the highway with that baby?
Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 PM

I haven't checked it but maybe once since I got it almost 3 years ago. I'm think it was somewhere around 20 MPG.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:04 PM

oooooooooooooo
Old 11-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Forum King / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road
Very nice. have you riden ATV's also? I can't imagine a RTV side by side being able to handle the same terrain as the ATV's. But I sure would like a side by side with a little dump on the back.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:23 PM

Yes I have ridden many other ATVs, mostly big utility types. If the trail is wide enough, the Ranger will go just about anywhere the big utes will go. If you want to see how it handles, go to YouTube and search for user Tractors4u. My daughter and I did a couple or Ranger demo videos.

The dump on the back is a power dump as well, it is very handy.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:29 AM
Forum King / Admin

Kewl. Thanks Brents. We are slowly moving rock from various location on our 50 acres to the river bank to stop erosion. A power dump would sure save a lot on my old aching back.

Any chance of adding NetTractorTalk.com or NetCarStop.com to the credits at the end of any videos you post on youtube? That would be awesome.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:37 AM
Banned

Galvatron is on a distinguished road
Ok Brents be honest....have you rolled it yet??

Nice bit of kit m8;)
Old 11-20-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Very nice. have you riden ATV's also? I can't imagine a RTV side by side being able to handle the same terrain as the ATV's. But I sure would like a side by side with a little dump on the back.
i used to sell the UTVs back in my younger days. and they will handle almost anything an ATV will handle, except at a slower pace. some of them babies had some git-up'n go, too!
Old 11-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Forum King / Admin

I drove a yamaha rhino a few years back. Really liked it and planned to purchase one that year. For some reason or another it didn't happen. My land is Just across from the hills of WV. And the hills don't stop at the state line. Lots of ups and downs. Out of 50 acres, other tan the homestead 4 acres there is not one flat acres of land on it. Hills up and down every which way. Fun to ride the trails on our ATV's but I wasn't convinced a RTV would do as well. It sure would be a good addition though ...even if it could not go everywhere that the ATV's could.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
I drove a yamaha rhino a few years back. Really liked it and planned to purchase one that year. For some reason or another it didn't happen. My land is Just across from the hills of WV. And the hills don't stop at the state line. Lots of ups and downs. Out of 50 acres, other tan the homestead 4 acres there is not one flat acres of land on it. Hills up and down every which way. Fun to ride the trails on our ATV's but I wasn't convinced a RTV would do as well. It sure would be a good addition though ...even if it could not go everywhere that the ATV's could.
they are very useful in hunting, like where you cant get your truck
Old 11-20-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Kewl. Thanks Brents. We are slowly moving rock from various location on our 50 acres to the river bank to stop erosion. A power dump would sure save a lot on my old aching back.

Any chance of adding NetTractorTalk.com or NetCarStop.com to the credits at the end of any videos you post on youtube? That would be awesome.
I will add all the sites to any future videos I do. I noticed this morning that one of my videos had over 21,000 hits.

To answer some of the other comments.

No I have not rolled it but one of my kids has. My youngest who is 8 rolled it a little over a year ago. She wasn't really going fast. She was going through a turn and hit a stump that was in some high grass. It went over on the passenger side. She had her seatbelt on like she was supposed to and not a scratch. The Ranger wasn't hurt at all.

My Ranger will run 44 MPH. When I bought it I considered the Gator HPX and Kubota RTV 900 as well. The HPX beat me death, it really had a rough ride. The RTV rides like a Cadillac, but the 800 pounds or so of extra weight would not of worked well in the swampy areas of our property.