Net Car Stop

Welcome to the Net Car Stop forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Net Car Stop > Main Category > Trailer Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Forum King / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road
Where would you shop for trailer wheels?

I have a 6x12 single axle trailer. had it since 98. Planning a long road trip and looking at the tire tread tonight, and lugs as I was thinking of getting a spare for this trip, and I notice the rims are rusted BAD. I'm going to have to replace both of them. An expense I didn't plan on but for safety's sake, I gots to do it.

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Cooking Talk +++ Net Tractor Talk +++ Net Boat Talk +++ Net Music Talk
Old 12-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

OhioTC18 is on a distinguished road
Re: Where would you shop for trailer wheels?

Tractor Supply usually has a good supply of them at a reasonable price.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

jim_s is on a distinguished road
Style: red_blast

TSC gets my vote too.

Jim
Old 03-18-2013, 07:45 PM

jwstewar is on a distinguished road

A little late to this party, but if you have a Rural King near you I found that they have a bit better pricing on them than tractor supply. Just as an example, TSC has a wheel and tire to fit my utility trailer 205/75D15 for $125 - some off brand (OK, actually it is the brand that is on my trailer, but don't get me started on that) Rural King has 205/75R15 made by Carlisle for $115 - at least last time I checked. I know Carlisle aren't the greatest tires in the world, but they are head and shoulders above the brand that is currently on my trailer.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:51 AM
Forum King / Admin

I checked tractor supply and they had the exact wheel that came on my trailer. But, even better, a local discount tire place had both the wheel and tires for the trailer so I pulled it up there and had it done in no time. It was $325 er so for two wheels and tires. Not bad at all. I've since pulled the trailer to Mobile Alabama, picked up a 2000 lb Kubota RTV 900 and pulled it all back home with no issues. Gas mileage on the trip home left a lot to be desired but the trailer and tires did a fine job for me.

Thanks for the input guys!!!!!!!!

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Cooking Talk +++ Net Tractor Talk +++ Net Boat Talk +++ Net Music Talk
Old 06-29-2015, 03:23 PM
Forum King / Admin

We did not have a Rural King when I wrote posted above but one just opened here a couple months ago. Very nice. They have it all. Now Tractor supply has a little competition. That's good for all shoppers.

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums:

Tags
trailer tires