Net Car Stop

Welcome to the Net Car Stop forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Net Car Stop > Main Category > Friends from other parts of the World > England

Old 04-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Banned

Galvatron is on a distinguished road
Have you ever visited England??

If you have then i would love to know what parts and the reason for coming here to start with...was it Holiday or work???

Pictures will be nice but your travel stories in my nation i would love to hear.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

JackieBlue is on a distinguished road
Re: Have you ever visited England??

I never have, but my sister did and loved it. They ended in Scotland and loved that too. I'd like to go someday.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:00 AM

rback33 is on a distinguished road

My sister has and it's on my bucket list... I still don't realize why my non-irish sister got a shamrock tattoo on her foot while in Ireland...
Old 04-20-2011, 01:51 PM

loboloco is on a distinguished road

I was there for about a week. Don't remember much, as I spent most of it trying to empty all the beer glasses in the local pub. I do remember getting up one morning and trying to walk down the street in the fog and running smack into one of those ornamental light poles. As you can guess, it was London.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:38 PM

BigAl is on a distinguished road

Well The wife has been there many times but I ain't jumped over the pond yet . WE plan to spend about 4 months in england/ Europe in the next couple years . Going to get one of those railroad passes and travel all over . I think its about $1500 per person , per pass for 3 months . Unlimited travel . We will be renting a place as a home base in europe and going out in all directions .
Old 04-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

Galvatron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
Well The wife has been there many times but I ain't jumped over the pond yet . WE plan to spend about 4 months in england/ Europe in the next couple years . Going to get one of those railroad passes and travel all over . I think its about $1500 per person , per pass for 3 months . Unlimited travel . We will be renting a place as a home base in europe and going out in all directions .
When you do start planning this trip let me know....i live 30 min drive from London and am located right next to a main link on the rail network/highway links...so ideal for a rental home base......i could look in to short term lease on a property ect on your behalf....damn i would even sort you a car to use to save on rental fee's.

Any questions you have Al on costs of travel ect i would happily look into it for you....do not pay as a tourist you will get stung.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:13 PM

BigAl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
When you do start planning this trip let me know....i live 30 min drive from London and am located right next to a main link on the rail network/highway links...so ideal for a rental home base......i could look in to short term lease on a property ect on your behalf....damn i would even sort you a car to use to save on rental fee's.

Any questions you have Al on costs of travel ect i would happily look into it for you....do not pay as a tourist you will get stung.
Thanks Galvi ! I just may do that .
Old 05-06-2011, 12:23 PM

CityGirl is on a distinguished road

I arrived in London the day after Prince William was born. I went with the high school french class and we visited Oxford University, Stratford-upon-avon, Stone Henge, and we had several days in London before departing from Dover to France. SoHo is an interesting place. I have many friends in England who I would love to visit and I look forward to returning sooner than later.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Forum King / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road

I've always wanted to go to England. London in particular. I did a Med cruise and visited Spain, France, Italy & Greece but that was it. Someday I would love to make it to England.
If you ever have a free ticket or pass to come over that way Galvi please keep me in mind ...as I'm calling DIBBS right now!!!!!!!

Galvi, have you ever been to this side of the big pond?

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Cooking Talk +++ Net Tractor Talk +++ Net Boat Talk +++ Net Music Talk
Old 05-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I've always wanted to go to England. London in particular. I did a Med cruise and visited Spain, France, Italy & Greece but that was it. Someday I would love to make it to England.
If you ever have a free ticket or pass to come over that way Galvi please keep me in mind ...as I'm calling DIBBS right now!!!!!!!

Galvi, have you ever been to this side of the big pond?
But that was it LOL?!! I would love to see those places. Especially Italy.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Forum King / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
But that was it LOL?!! I would love to see those places. Especially Italy.
Poor wording on my part. I enjoyed the heck out of all those places. Toulon France in particular. Barcilona Spain was great, Naples was quite the experience. Young kids would surround you and bump into you so one could pick pocket you. They were very organized ....and of course you could not touch a young kid or you would get arrested. Made us avoid kids for sure. Weird. Reminded me of Oliver Twist's England.

All this was compliments of the US Navy. A working vacation if you look at it the right way. LOL.

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Cooking Talk +++ Net Tractor Talk +++ Net Boat Talk +++ Net Music Talk
Old 05-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Banned

A Navy man. Another reason to like you Doc.

I want to see Rome, Venice and Tuscany.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Forum King / Admin

Thanks JB.
I would love to see Rome and Venice also. Tuscany was never on my list but from what I've heard of it the past couple of years with the cooking forum has me interested now.

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums:
Old 08-04-2012, 07:16 AM

jimgwarb is on a distinguished road

I was born in Preston, near Liverpool, home of the Beatles. I went to school, had jobs until I left England when I was 39, found the country getting too violent. I wouldn't recommend going there, perhaps on a holiday, but it has many social problems, especially binge drinking and many no-go city areas. The women there are now ugly and vulgar and many can be seen vomiting on the streets any weekend night.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Forum King / Admin

I always wanted to visit but never made it. Did a med cruise with the US Navy but neither England nor Ireland were on our port of call.

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums: