Net Car Stop

Welcome to the Net Car Stop forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Net Car Stop > Main Category > Open Forum

Old 02-13-2012, 04:14 PM

Trakternutz is on a distinguished road
Post office service

Why doesn't our Post Office have more than one window open during the noon hour? People come in to send packages, mail letters, whatever. I was afraid my first retirement check would beat me to the window!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

jim_s is on a distinguished road
Style: red_blast
Re: Complaints R Us: Email Calling all Mods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakternutz View Post

Why doesn't our Post Office have more than one window open during the noon hour? People come in to send packages, mail letters, whatever. I was afraid my first retirement check would beat me to the window!
I would be happy if they would keep one window open.

My post office closes from 1 to 2 for lunch. It's a small place and the post mistress is there by herself most of the day.

Jim
Old 02-13-2012, 06:36 PM

muleman is on a distinguished road
Style: SilverGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakternutz View Post

Ours closes also and has a damn unlisted number. The ones closer to me are open and you can look up the number.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:17 PM

Trakternutz is on a distinguished road

I have referred to ours as "The Dead Letter Office" more than once because they seemed to have problems getting a piece of mail cross town in less than 4 days, when a letter mailed from 200 miles away made it in one day.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:56 PM

Re: Post office service

If I send something to my bank 5 miles away in Pa. it goes to the local office and then to Rochester to be sorted. From there it goes to Williamsport and then back to the town in Pa. to deliver to the bank. Usually 4 days at least.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

bczoom is on a distinguished road

Ours was closed for lunch as well. Now it's closed permanently. :( It's a PITA as I now have to drive to the next town for postal needs.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Forum King / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road

Wife just stopped at ours today at lunch. Thank goodness it was open, and not swamped at the time. However, she was returning a purchase from Amazon and had just printed out the paper work so the box was not taped shut yet since the printout needed to go inside. She took everything to the counter and the girl flat out refused to tape the box shut. They used to do this. I've had it done numerous times. Instead the girl wanted to sell my wife a roll of the tape. The tape gun was right there in sight but still they would not use it to tape the box shut. The service gets worse as time goes on.

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Cooking Talk +++ Net Tractor Talk +++ Net Boat Talk +++ Net Music Talk
Old 02-15-2012, 09:11 AM

Our rural carriers give great service and come all the way up to the house when they have a package that does not fit in the big box I have. Did I mention she is a hottie? She also knows who cleans the snow back at a lot of neighbors mailboxes and thanks me for it.