Net Car Stop

Welcome to the Net Car Stop forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Net Car Stop > Main Category > Car Forum

View Poll Results: Name you next car/truck
I don't care . Just make it run 3 27.27%
I want only American made 4 36.36%
An overseas car for me 1 9.09%
I am buying a horse ! 1 9.09%
I'll just walk, I can't afford the gas 1 9.09%
Fancy , so I can impress my friends . 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2011, 03:10 PM

BigAl is on a distinguished road
Your next new car/truck will be ?? Poll

Poll on whats hot , whats not ....

Tell us what and why you plan to buy a certain make or model next time ?
Old 04-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Forum King / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road
Re: Your next new car/truck will be ?? Poll

I have to admit I like my vehicles loaded. I like the amenities. I enjoy a nice ride. I have a toyota solara now and love the way it rides. A little sporty, yet good on gas for a 6 banger.

When I buy again I would like to get a Lexus, or maybe a Mercedes. I've rented a Lexus while on vacation in FL and loved it. I've never even driven a Mercedes and know for a fact I cannot afford a new one (same for the Lexus) so I would buy a 3 or 4 year old one that is nearly new but with a lot less price tag.

I have a Chevy truck and like it. No, actually I have two Chevy trucks. I bought the replacement newer truck to replace my 93 stepside but the 93 is still hanging out with us as I have not sold it yet. I fully expect when the time comes for a newer truck I will replace it with another Chevy.

I'm at least two years from getting a new (to me) car and 8 or more years from getting another truck. So I have lots of time to change my mind.

Scott me up Beamy

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Cooking Talk +++ Net Tractor Talk +++ Net Boat Talk +++ Net Music Talk
Old 04-17-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

When I buy again I would like to get a Lexus, or maybe a Mercedes. I've rented a Lexus while on vacation in FL and loved it. I've never even driven a Mercedes and know for a fact I cannot afford a new one (same for the Lexus) so I would buy a 3 or 4 year old one that is nearly new but with a lot less price tag.

D
At the price of new cars now a days, its terrible how much you lose in value the minute you drive off the show room floor . Has anyone ever made a study of cost of new cars vs wages earned over the last 50 years old so ??? Seems like prices of new cars continue to outpace wages .
Old 04-17-2011, 04:13 PM

snow dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
Poll on whats hot , whats not ....

Tell us what and why you plan to buy a certain make or model next time ?
any more options on the poll
Old 04-17-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow dog View Post
any more options on the poll

Well heck ! The poll instructions said I should keep it short and to the point .Tell us what you want !!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 04:59 PM

snow dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
Well heck ! The poll instructions said I should keep it short and to the point .Tell us what you want !!!!

Old 04-17-2011, 09:43 PM

loboloco is on a distinguished road

As long as it does the job I get it for, I could actually care less about the name on it or the country that makes it.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Banned

Galvatron is on a distinguished road

Anything that gets me to and from works for me
Old 04-18-2011, 04:30 AM

REDDOGTWO is on a distinguished road

Just purchased a new car on the first of the month.

Before doing any shopping or looking I went to the government web site regarding fuel mileage, I already have a couple of four wheel drive pickups and a suburban but what I wanted was a fuel efficient model.

They were all so so on the mileage, to get the good mileage it was either a hybrid or a diesel. I also need room for three large dogs and luggage for the winter trip each year.

I ended up getting a Volkswagen Sportwagen TDI, the road mileage is rated at 42. I was thing the Chevy Equinox but this has just as much room behind the front seat and 10 more miles to the gallon on the road. Even with the higher price of diesel I should be able to cut my fuel costs in half over what I now have.

On one trip after 130 miles the gauge which is fairly accurate showed 51 MPG which is much better than the pickup or suburban which the best I have recorded in 20.

The car handles very well and is fun to drive. Just for the heck of it I did go for one of the options which was the sunroof which almost covers the entire front and back seat area.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Banned

JackieBlue is on a distinguished road

Right now I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I absolutely love it but it is starting to show a little wear and tear although it still looks and drives really well. It has low mileage on it since I mainly do in town driving. I would love to get another, but the model I want is around $45,000. Recently, I was looking at a Ford Flex, but again, the model I would want is around $40,000. I too like all the bells and whistles and am a little spoiled with that since driving the Jeep. It's fully loaded. I don't know, but know I'm thinking more economical because of gas prices. I'm probably a year away from a new one so hopefully gas prices will drop by then.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:42 AM

rback33 is on a distinguished road

My vote is as accurate as I can be. I will most likely buy American made because they make what I am going to be buying...a 3/4 HD pickup to replace the half ton I have now. It's unlikely that I will do this in the next 2 years however.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:29 PM

jwstewar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rback33 View Post
My vote is as accurate as I can be. I will most likely buy American made because they make what I am going to be buying...a 3/4 HD pickup to replace the half ton I have now. It's unlikely that I will do this in the next 2 years however.
Very similar to this, but I'm thinking I'm going to make the leap to a 3500 from the 1500. Our camper is weighing in at close to 10k and by the time we put 5 people in the cab and 35 gallons of water and firewood in the bed, I feel I would still be pushing a 3/4 ton pretty hard. My poor 1500 Silverado now. But can't do anything until our Suburban is paid for. Still have about 2 1/2 years on that and the way fuel prices are going, who knows what we will be doing. May not need the 3500 because the camper and the Suburban may both go bye-bye.