Net Car Stop

Welcome to the Net Car Stop forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Net Car Stop > Main Category > Truck Forum

Old 12-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

OhioTC18 is on a distinguished road
New Ford SVT Raptor

Ford will have a new truck for 2010. It's called the SVT Raptor F150. Designed for serious off roading. All new suspension, wider stance, larger V8 with 400HP on the way................
Switch it to off road mode and the stability control system shuts off and and the transmission is reprogrammed. It changed the anti-lock brake programming too.

2010 Ford SVT Raptor
Old 12-22-2008, 11:13 AM

Rusty Shackleford is on a distinguished road
Re: New Ford SVT Raptor

interesting. i really dont think that this needs to be ford's focus currently...
Old 12-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Forum King / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road

Sounds interesting for sure. I'm not sure which way ford should be going but if it's not gawd awful ugly I'll give it a look. Off roading is serious business. Sounds like this could be a really kewl vehicle.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

OhioTC18 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 bourbon 1 scotch 1 beer View Post
interesting. i really dont think that this needs to be ford's focus currently...
That was my thought too, but where's Ford's bread and butter money been lately? The F150. They also have been pretty dominant in off road racing. And production vehicles, purpose built, are rare on the market.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Banned

The Tourist is on a distinguished road

Well, I'm currently driving a 1997 F-150, and I'm soon going to ask myself just what is my future in trucks.

Will I drive the '97 until it drops? Will I just sell it off "as is." Will I keep the truck, do minor body repairs and get a crate engine? Just quit driving trucks?

Or will I try an entirely different approach to current needs?

I think the SVT gives the owner another choice. If the idea of a "truck" was to stay stagnant, all of us could be driving our current ones to 200K miles.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Forum King / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road

My 1993 Stepside 4x4 Chevy Silverado has 193k on her and still going strong. I did have some fits with it last summer. Finally figured out it was the distributor. The problem was intermittent so it made it quite a pain to diagnose.

I never thought they would find enough people to buy those buses they call Expeditions or Yukons ... but they are everywhere. They called that one right. And I've heard those big things carry huge profit margins, and what stock owner doesn't like that?